Summer camp continues to be a defining experience in children’s lives — a time to make new friends, build trusting relationships with counselors, create exciting arts and crafts projects, play new sports and games, and even learn how to swim! These classic-style summer day camps, located at either Maple Street Park or Founders Memorial School, provide children all this and more at a great price and without going far from home. Throughout the day, campers are grouped into cabins by age with a staff-to-child ratio not to exceed 1:12. Our full-day schedule offers small and large group play, structured and unstructured time, and choices for every child to explore their unique interests and to have a successful and enjoyable summer camp experience.
These are STARS accredited, State of Vermont Licensed Child Care Programs. Financial assistance is available to qualified families through Child Care Resource, 802-863-3367.
Camp Discovery is based out of Founders Memorial School, priority registration given to Essex Elementary and Founders students
Mornings at Camp Discovery consist of campers rotating through four structured activity periods including:
- SWIM LESSONS: for every camper! Camp Maple Street lessons are at Maple Street Pool and Camp Discovery lessons are at Sandhill Pool.
- SPORTS: net games, ball sports, lawn games, accuracy sports, obstacle courses, team sports, individual fitness, etc.
- ART: 2D drawings and paintings, nature-based projects, 3D creations, sculpture and more!
- ENRICHMENT: exciting read-alouds and/ or independent reading, fun projects/ experiments, trivia games.
- SERVICE: maintaining camp garden, composting, park/playground beautification, giving back!
- MORNING SPECIALTY: this will vary week to week, and may include cooking, origami, nature exploration, Zumba, rugby, and other fun activities!
Afternoons at Camp Discovery will typically be spent getting off-site for a while to go on an outing to a local area. One day a week, campers will explore Indian Brook Reservoir, one afternoon will be spent at the Maple Street Pool, and throughout the course of the summer, other local playgrounds and beaches will be frequented.
Upon returning to camp, campers will spend the rest of their day exploring their own interests in a variety of creative ways — whether it is outdoor play and exploration, or counselor-led projects, games, and choice activities, campers are sure to end the day on a positive note!
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR SUMMER 2023!