Camp Maple Street
Summer camp continues to be a defining experience in children’s lives — a time to make new friends, build trusting relationships with counselors, create exciting arts and crafts projects, play new sports and games, and even learn how to swim! These classic-style summer day camps, located at either Maple Street Park or Founders Memorial School, provide children all this and more at a great price and without going far from home. Throughout the day, campers are grouped into cabins by age with a staff-to-child ratio not to exceed 1:12. Our full-day schedule offers small and large group play, structured and unstructured time, and choices for every child to explore their unique interests and to have a successful and enjoyable summer camp experience.
These are STARS accredited, State of Vermont Licensed Child Care Programs. Financial assistance is available to qualified families through Child Care Resource, 802-863-3367.
Camp Maple Street is based out of Maple Street Park, priority registration given to Summit, Hiawatha and Fleming students
Mornings at Camp Maple Street consist of campers rotating through four structured activity periods including:
- SWIM LESSONS: for every camper! Camp Maple Street lessons are at Maple Street Pool and Camp Discovery lessons are at Sandhill Pool.
- SPORTS: net games, ball sports, lawn games, accuracy sports, obstacle courses, team sports, individual fitness, etc.
- ART: 2D drawings and paintings, nature-based projects, 3D creations, sculpture and more!
- ENRICHMENT: exciting read-alouds and/ or independent reading, fun projects/ experiments, trivia games.
- SERVICE: maintaining camp garden, composting, park/playground beautification, giving back!
- MORNING SPECIALTY: this will vary week to week, and may include cooking, origami, nature exploration, Zumba, rugby, and other fun activities!
In addition to fun-filled mornings, campers will spend their afternoons rotating through four activity periods including:
- FREE SWIM: two hours for every camper
- GROUP GAME: capture the flag, dance party, medic, etc.
- CHOICE ACTIVITIES: led by counselors — may include friendship bracelet making, wall ball, various sports, crafty projects, and much more (camper input highly encouraged!)
- AFTERNOON SPECIALTY: changing weekly, these activities will include more formal instruction in activities such as gymnastics, yoga, archery, dance, or tennis.
Campers will end the day with supervised access to all of the amenities at Maple Street Park: basketball courts, play-grounds, baseball fields, tennis courts, skatepark, GaGa ball pit, and lots of outdoor green space to run and play!
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR SUMMER 2023!